Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pesach Is Coming

Passover is approaching and it's time for cleaning. As some of you know, I have some problem with cleaning the house. I didn't grow up cleaning after myself, and when I became an adult and had to run my own place, I had a full-time helper who took care of every household duties for me... until I came to live in Israel, that is.

The fact of the matter is I HATE dirty places, but it it turns out I hate more the tiding up, so a lot of times I find myself not so pleased with my existence at home. Only when I couldn't take it anymore I get up and start cleaning and organizing the house until it's anally clean. (Wow, that sounds really kind of crazy...)

It's probably a good thing that I will be forced to clean this week since it's important to keep up cleanliness when the baby arrives. But then, how clean is really clean? I can start getting really mad and spend all day doing it, you see. The thought of spending hours on that kind of mundane fact of life as cleaning truly depresses me, though. I think I'll finally have to give in to hiring help, after months of telling myself that I can be self-sufficient and frugal especially since I'm not working so much.

No comments: