Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Catching Up

My friend Michelle and I met back when we were freshmen at Barnard college. She and I lived in the same dorm, and we used to get up to all kinds of mischief together. Oh wait, I think that was me, and she was the sane one who kept me in check...

Michelle was a judoka (and still is, it turned out) which meant that she was dead serious about Judo. She used to let me come to her practice and watch. Her dream was to be part of the U.S. Olympic team. She eventually moved to Colorado and transferred to Colorado College to be near the Olympic Training Center. As for me, I dropped out of Barnard and moved to Hong Kong.

We were still in touch until about two years after I moved to HK. Then we didn't talk again until one day recently she found David's contact, and enquired about me! I had changed my email address since, and I guess I had forgotten to let her know. So many things have happened since anyhow. There are many things that we didn't share with each other anymore.

I was ecstatic about being put in touch again with Michelle. We are now writing to each other very very often, like everyday, and we spoke on the phone for good two hours catching up with things. I should have known that she's extremely accepting and open. My life took lots of turns since we last saw each other, and I wasn't sure how to go about telling her all the things, but she got them as they were, like a good friend would. I always loved that about her.

I hope Michelle and I can see each other soon. That day will come once I give birth and she's done with the Olympics trial and possibly attendance this year. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you see your friend soon:)