Monday, December 22, 2008

Mama Crazy


Ealier today I went out to walk my dog Ocean on his afternoon walk. I had Liam strapped on me on Baby Bjorn as I usually do when I take Ocean out. It's a bit of a funny sight, me, Ocean and Liam together, but this is how we fare. Anyhow, we ran into an older gentleman aquintance from the neighborhood who has a dog of his own. He and I haven't seen each other for a few months, so he met Liam for the first time.

Aquaintance: "Your baby is a boy or a girl? Boy, yes?"
(We get this a lot because he's features are kind of gentle.)

Me: "Yes."

Aquaintance: "He's very handsome."

Me: "Yes."

We chatted some more after those exchanges before parting our ways to continue walking our respective dogs. Only after Ocean made two or three more pees, I've realized the blunder I've made. The thing to say was "Thank you", wasn't it? I am turning into a crazy mom.

2 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

Um... but he IS handsome. It's just a fact. Go with it. When people tell me that LN is cute, I also become that crazy mom and say, "I know! Isn't she the cutest?" haha.

amyB said...

"He's very handsome."

next time, I'd say:

"Thanks for noticing."

:) He is so handsome and just nibble-able! Soak it up! :)