Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Hate Users!

So last Friday, this photographer (a kid, really) calls me up and says that he needs a makeup artist in an emergency for a shoot on Sunday. He asks me please if I can come and do a job without pay and sorry that he called so last minute. The shoot was for an interview of a famous media figure for a local daily newspaper. It's a kind of job that is good for my book/CV so I gracefully accept it.

On the morning of the shoot, I get a little lost locating the celebrity's apartment, but arrive on time. I exchange hellos with the journalist and the photographer on the parking lot before entering to meet with the star. The star is nice enough. Very charming in fact. He mock-flirts a little bit with the makeup artist-that would be me- to relaxed the situation. Asks if we'd like some coffee to which we say yes but he forgets to produce. I begin working on him immediately. Really the job is easy enough. I'm done before the photographer finishes setting up. He promises a few copies of the photos for my reference, which is really the point of why I did this work.

Next day I sms the photo dude to remind politely if I can get a few copies of yesterday's work if he's had time to go through the them. I know that he's done working on the pictures because from the previous experience it's apparent that he works very fast and efficiently. No answer. I wait a day to call and he answers and asks if he can call me back. I say of course. No call. I wait until next day to call again, this time really peeved. The phone rings and rings and the weasel doesn't answer! Next morning I send a final sms asking for a photo but I know by now it's a futile effort.

Obviously I'm never going to work with this asshole again, but I'm really pissed. When the newspaper journalist called me to thank me for my part, I held myself from ratting on him but it was really hard!

1 comment:

Shinyung said...

What an obnoxious jerk! I can't believe he did that. That is so wrong. You should have all of your friends in the industry black ball him!